Saturday, June 23, 2007

Familiar Face

Luckily, the second half of my Emerging Leaders experience made me feel much less like a guilty teenager struggling to stay awake. I'll admit that it wasn't the content but my jet lag that had me feeling a bit drowsy (and perhaps a bit cranky). The Diet Coke at 10:30 a.m. also may have helped :).

As we were wrapping up our poster session, my library director walked into the room. She had told me that she likely would not be able to make it to the program, so I was so pleased to see her. And she was a face from home!

We hadn't moved our poster out of the way yet, so she get to see that and chat with my group members. She had traveled with someone important in the library community (not that she's not, but someone with a more direct position of power), and I got to chat with her a bit, as well.

All in all Emerging Leaders was an incredibly worthwhile experience. I'm sad to say goodbye to the constant communication with my group members, but I'm also happy about getting to talk to them about more than our project!

Alright, it's off to the exhibits and then a committee meeting.

Wish me luck!

No comments: