Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Info Literacy and You

I am beginning to think that after the need to do YA Services runs its course through me, I may be very interested in moving forward with consulting or supervising or something that involves less direct service and more planning.

I promise you, that is not a complaint.

In the past couple of weeks, I have worked on a couple of projects that have my brain turned on and my interest tuned in -- both in ways that helping a customer use our print software just can't quite accomplish.

My projects have included researching urban literature for teens, building connections between gaming and literacy and, now, researching information literacy standards (I haven't yet found them for the State of California). This newest project will help my public library decide how to bridge partnerships with the local school district in coming months...and years.

I have, however, found some valuable resources that I will need to use in the near future...so, they'll live here!

AASL's Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning

An Educator's Guide to Information Literacy (a book I need to buy)

Building a Partnership Between Public Schools and Public Libraries

Information Literacy Standards at Los Angeles Public Schools (not my school district, but it's a guide post)

WestEd's Evaluation of Workforce Readiness Programs

National Education Technology Standards for Students

California Technology Plan Requirements (as required by No Child Left Behind)

Chavez Bill

No comments: